Monday, September 08, 2008
Food Blog: Of the School & Carls JrWent back school (not purposedly) and I had my favourite handmade noodles -
ban mian! I missed it quite alot. Furthermore, it's one of those must have for me in school! Everytime I have cravings for the noodles, I will seek from those coffee shops which I find it incomparable to the school's
The soup base is still as tasty and flavoursome which is addictive! Cant help but to finish the whole bowl. They have the
tom yum flavour too which I have not try till date and different kinds of handmade noodles! I find the stack of flours with reasonable bite size and al dente; wouldnt get too sick of eating it. However, that stack of flours kinda stick together this time round. Nevertheless, the soup base rocks big time


And I had Carls Jr for dinner. Is it me or what, I think the menu is quite hard to decipher and I stood there for a good ten minutes to understand and pick what I wanted. Because I suddenly feel like having mushrooms, I bought the Portobello Mushroom Combo as the burger itself wasnt worth the price. The combo comes with free refills which is rare in Singapore and also little number tags for the burger which will serve later, just like Mos Burger.



The burger was huge and it tasted not bad. I prefer Burger King's Double Mushroom Swiss though, with tender meat and juicier mushrooms. I wolfed it down nonetheless. The only downer for me was the fact that my favourite fries was a bit cold.
I have the perception that they’re pretty much just an overpriced fast food outlet with the standard fare now. And all their combos are at least $10 which I think I can have a good ol' piping hot and filling ramen somewhere which is oiishi and sugoi!
Labels: Carls JR, Food - Chinese, Food - Fast Food, SIM
11:17 PM