Sunday, October 18, 2009
Food Blog: The Hand Burger This is a newly opened fast-food restaurant, located at the basement of Raffles City. My detective friends brought me there for a food review, meet ups and grow fat session. Read on to know why~
It was kinda packed and we queued like 15 minutes before it was our turn. The restaurant was quite small. However, it looks big with a super big piece of mirror mounted on the wall and it was brightly lit with white lights, contrasted well with the black paintings. The cupboards has cute designs on it too. Gives a modern yet a classy and comfortable feel. Refreshing~



The menus are very special. Pieces of papers are clipped onto a board. You just need to flip to choose what burgers you want. The menus are very descriptive - The name of the burgers are boldly written on the front page. As you flipped, each burger's description with what's inside is (ingredients) clearly explained and a picture of it is given.
Therefore, it's kinda headache to choose from unless you know what you want as everything looks good. heh.

I was busier than them. hah


Stalking Robin?? The three of us shared a glass of this humongous mint freeze! It was godlike! It was refreshing and unbelieveably fantastic! Even much better than what the cafes (those you can slack and drink coffees) brought out. tsktsk~

Lemonade mint freeze


Finger licking good? Our turn soon to find out. heh
With our food Gen and I ordered the same! We were like 'we should have ordered different ones to try hor after we placed our orders' -_- I ordered the duck as it has been a long long time since I ate duck meat! haha.
Anyways, food time! All the burgers come with either fries or a stuffed tomato. I dunno what's inside the stuffed tomato and since I prefer fries; fries was definitely my choice.
Tea Smoked Duck Burger: Tea smoked duck breast, mandarin orange, shredded leek, handmade peanut sesame sauce on a bed of coral lettuce, tomato on a toasted honey wholewheat multigrain bun.

The set

Tea smoked duck burger



Dun it just look good by staring at the pictures. heh. I simply love the burger! The bread was toasted just nice, with a bit of crisp and it taste kinda sweet even eaten it plainly. The smoked duck was yummy! Marinated well enough and the sauce enhanced the flavours even more!
The fries are good too! Yet, after finishing the whole burger, it will be hard to finish the fries. hahah. I especially love the sauce used to dip the fries. I suspect it's bbq sauce? I dunno ah~ But it's addictive. Once you dip, you cant stop!
Alternatively, if you dun want to have any meat (chicken, duck, beef, pork available), you can have a healthier choice like Grace! hahah
Stuffed Portobello Burger: Oven baked portobello stuffed with spinach, walnuts, parmesan cheese and beancurd topped with breadcrumbs served with handmade tomato herb sauce on a bed of coral lettuce, tomato on a toasted spinach with parmesan cheese bun.

Stuffed Portobello (Mushroom) Burger


The mushroom so hugeeeeee! Note that for different burgers, they come with different healthy breads. heh. Grace sliced the mushroom for me to share. hah. I could taste the freshness of the mushroom and the patty stuffed inside. Yummy~


The burgers are kinda healthy with those wholemeal, multigrains bread and there's fruits like orange, mango added inside. It's not like those fast food chains with deep fried stuffs =D
Definitey will return for more burgers cravings. heh. The burgers satisfy me. A satisfy customer will always be delighted to go back for more. haha~
After such a hearty and filling meal, the two of them still wanna go for desserts. tsktsk. Every time after our meals, they will want to have desserts, especially cakes!!!! At this particular place when we meet at Vivo. lol.
Raffles City dun have that particular outlet here so they hunt for another hangout. hah


Waffles and what's not

Tiramisu in crepes with what's not The waffles kinda win me rather than the tiramisu. heh. The ice-cream on the tiramisu is powerful strong though (coffee flavour). Yet, it was godlike. hahah. I surrender after finished my piece of waffles but they going stronger and stronger. tsk. How to slim down lidat!!!! They're bad friends!!! wahahahahah =/
And many thanks to Graceeee! hahah.
Tml, I'm meeting them for more food again!!!! And hopefully, Gen brought back some good stuffs for us in Rome! lol. I got this feeling, she will buy food back for us =/
Labels: Food - Western, JuZone, Raffles City
11:50 PM