Monday, April 20, 2009

Photoblog: Chapter 3.1 of New Zealand

What followed up after lunch was breath-taking. We ascended to the summit of Mt Eden for a bird eye-view of the city to fully appreciate its unique settings. Mt Eden is an extinct volcano , which looks like a funnel with grasses on it.

It was extremely windy up there and I could feel myself being blown away. But I super love the feeling of the wind brushing across my face; at the expense of my hair being messy! I simply heart the clouds too! Oh yeh! I finally saw some high-rise buildings after in the country side for a couple of days! Finally, I could feel some city beat but the pace was still slack!


On our way


















Going up the summit


There are houses by the sides. Somehow I'm quite curious on how they build their houses at those steep angles. Choy lah, what if landslide? And the highest you stay, means the richer you're. But I dun think anyone would wanna rob the houses unless they have a car to go all the way up. tsk. On the other hand, as mentioned, car is very cheap there lah.


The view that greeted me when I alight


Idk what's this when I walk upwards


Plaque to celebrate 3rd century of surveying in Auckland area


Mt Eden


The tower that stood tall is Sky City Tower


Some alien words at the bottom, arranged by stones


Cows gazing on the grasses




At the gallery stand




Distance travelled. We decided to walk one round




Cows started moving too




世界那么大!




Cow dung. It's everywhere, walking has to be extra careful!




Sky tower, where we will be visiting!





Next, it was to Auckland Harbour Bridge, the city's most distinctive landmarks. It is the second-longest road bridge in New Zealand and the longest in the North Island.

By then, the weather decided to have a 360degrees change. It started to drizzle so we only stayed awhile. Another reason was because majority of our bladders were going to burst! hahah!






The photographer has bad navigation




How strong the wind was


Afterthat, we embarked on a city tour through this cosmopolitan 'City of Sails' on the coach. Yachts are everywhere, on the harbour, those shops selling it, repairing it and the best of it is they have a yacht park for the owners to 'park' their yachts there. Amazing right! Some random buildings









Thereafter, behold the Victorian buildings at charming Parnell Village. This is a place like our very own Orchard Road where shopping can be done. However, as I wasnt feeling well (headache and slight fever) which I dunno why. It was after the at the bridge I felt quite bad!

When we reached the hotel, I was first to rush into the toilet while waiting for the tourguide to check into Sky City Hotel. Room is normal. Nothing fascinating. Took medicine and rest before heading for dinner. There's a sky tower jump there on the building itself. The hotel is only three storeys while the tower stand high and tall. Can you imagine it? hahah







Dinner was pretty good, at least some yummy food which suit most of us. heh. Definitely better than the Maori's one. We were so glad that we finally saw edible food, in this case, appetising for us. There's a variety of desserts, from cakes to brulee to jelly to mousse to ice-cream etc. A couple of photos which I think it rocks lah, because I'm lazy to compile the photos =P




Fresh NZ rock oysters



Had a filling dinner before heading to the casino in the hotel! hehehe. It was my first time there, just to see how is it. As expected, like it was on television, just that no trouble makers. lol. I wasnt really interested, so I wandered around and everything looks the same to me.

Would stand by some of the counters to take a look on how people play. I think they are damn pro! Played Jackpot and Big, Small. Jackpot was no brainer, very boring! Big, small was kinda challenging and luck. Was trying to figure out the patterns even though it was computerised. heh. Quite a good experience and I won 80 bucks! hahah. Then again, I find it very boring after awhile. lol

And there's many ATs there. They played like there's no tomorrow. I went back and find my roomates snoring like pigs =/

Labels: , , , , ,



11:51 PM



18th.may.1986
Love JieLun*
Lazy, Dreamy, Beach






♠ARCHIVES;


♠VISITORS;
since 27th Feb'07