Saturday, January 31, 2009

Photoblog: Happenings in January 2009

31st Dec - 1st Jan Countdown opposite Suntec and saw fireworks. Initial plan was to go Marina Barrage but it was closed due to heavy human traffic. Afterthat, we had beancurd and fried dough fritters at Rochor Original Beancurd . That night's beancurd kinda taste horrible =/ Probably, they were celebrating among themselves and also had to deal with the crazy crowds.

Otherwise, the beancurd is silky smooth and yummy with no other artificial taste or powdery texture. The fritters are good too, crispy, soft yet springy. heh. Sadly, no photos =P The place is mad when it's later in the night. Everyone will be eating 豆浆油条 and get fat =/



My homies!

********************


3rd Jan First time to Haji Lane. haha. I had long been wanted to go there. Quite an interesting place to explore with good photography opportunities. The long stretch of street filled up with shophouses and cool concept stores. I think I will only go again if I'm very rich. hahah. Nevertheless, it was eye opener and for me to get unique stuffs. Suuuuup! heh

Headed to Ann Siang too. By the time, we reached there, most of the shops were closed. But I went back again two weeks later, not many stores are opened too. It looked like a dead streets with on going renovations. hah



********************


9th Jan Was at Prinsep St to have lunch with my colleagues. Ended up being dumbfolded by the two of them. Everything came too sudden from behind and I was unable to react. My colleagues thought it was a kidnapping case. See how fierce they were. tsk. They were so busy =/ (Cant reveal anything because my dearest nanny will murder me. lol) Anyway, it was nice to see them =)

And Belle, when are you going to treat me? hehhehe. Stop meeting HY to youknowwhat! lol. Btw, the beef kway tiao there is gooooooodlike. heh



****************


11th Jan Met up with the SIM people to actually celebrate both Cindy and my very veeeeeeeery belated birthday (after 8 months). hahah. Instead, we also celebrated Shimin's birthday since it was just round the corner.

We headed to Timbre @ The Substation. We almost lost our way there while it started drizzling. It was a cool place with loads of mosquitoes. Craaaaaap. I still enjoyed the night with the music and company. heh

Food wise, not bad. I think it will be pretty good to come with a group of friends to chill. heh







Because Cui'e have no presents and cakes, she finished up all the marcons that I bought. hahah. Just kidding =P



I love my pooooooolo shirt! heh

********************


For the following 2 weekends, I went shopping on Saturday and give tuition on Sunday. Had a lunch date with my maternal relatives in a restaurant at Yishun one week before CNY. First time seeing my uncle's wife as I din attend his wedding as I was overseas. One year since I saw my the other two elder cousins. I was like stoning in there. So boring!

********************


CNY Period: 25th Jan Had reunion dinner at my uncle's place. Potluck yet again with horrible food. So meaty and oily. Yikes. End the boring night with some photographs flipping session. And came home to watch the stupid countdown show, only to realise that it was doing some hardcore advertising on this particular channel. CMI!!!

26th Jan CNY at home! Wakie around noon to find my mum already busy preparing food in the kitchen for dinner. Lunch was already served. heh. It was eating non-stop for the whole day, especially I drank a few bowls of the desserts. Mum mentioned that we must drink so to have a good sweet year ahead. hahah







Time crept very slowly. I was doing nothing but randomly click on youtubes to watch dramas. Kinda bored to tears. When it was dinner time, I was super alert. Armed with my lumix to take photos of food Mum has been preparing since the start of the day =D



















The lo-hei NG can, because they forgot to add the crackers. After finishing lo-hei-ing, Mum realised they forgot to add the sauce. CMMMMMI. hahah. But the plate was very empty too. I think that's the first time Mum prepared this and a change in the dessert. Way to goooooooooo ;)


Mad rush towards the food


Looks like restaurant servings? heh. Nothing much after the dinner. Watched television and hear occasional shouts from the gambling table.

Visited grandpa's house the next day and gambled my day away. Afterwhich, headed to my uncle's house for dinner and was feeling quite emo because there's work next day. Somehow or rather, I have been started to dread working. So fassst right? Sigh~

****************


28th Jan Met up with my homies for a CNY reuion steamboat at Liang Seah. We ordered quite alot and couldnt finish. As ususal, we threw them into the pot and act nothing had happened. haha. Din took much photos that evening because all of us were busy eating. hahah. Some shots after the dinner



Highlight of the night was these pineapple tarts made by Jo. hahah. The five of them complained that their pineapples were too flat and they wanted to take a photo with their flat tarts. Besides that, they have a video of tarts yum-senging. Quite stupid actually. lol







I realised I haven send you guys the photos. Will do it soon =D

****************


31st Jan I went on to explore another ramen store at The Gallery Hotel at Nanson Road with my good neighbour. hahah. It's named the Sapporo Ramen Miharu. The restaurant is kinda Japish but I dunno why they played chinese songs. Super off can.






Miso Tonkotsu Ramen






Shio Tonkotsu Ramen



The two bowls came with a slice of seaweed , a half of boiled egg, a slice of charsiew and lots of corns and bamboo shoots. The broth was oily and the charsiew dun melt in your mouth. You had to bite. Mine wasnt that bad, Cindy's one was worse. It was so tough to chew on that she gave up on the meat.

On the hind sight, the noodles was quite al dente, full of bite and not floury. The egg though not as runny as Hokkaido san's one but still good. Egg white and yolk is soft and not overcooked. The next best thing I've enjoyed after the corns and noodles.



The gyoza tasted very ordinary, nothing fanciful. Dun have the juicy feel and the ingredient is quite little. And lastly, the service is very bad. The waitress only know how to stand at a corner chatting and dun even wanna refill my drinks. Furthermore, they snatched the menu away from me when I was taking photos.

Overall average, the best is still Baikonken. heh. Bishamon ranked the lowest. And this place is quite easy to go if you know your way.

Made our way back to Central's Starbucks to chill, ended up doing silly things. hahah.








So stoneed. Zzzzzzzz monster


That's was how most of my days were spent and I'm started to dread working. Sighhh~


11:51 PM



18th.may.1986
Love JieLun*
Lazy, Dreamy, Beach






♠ARCHIVES;


♠VISITORS;
since 27th Feb'07