Sunday, June 15, 2008
Photo Blog: Father's Day I initate to go 幸福饮茶酒楼 for Father's Day, with my parents, sister and relatives. It was my first time there and I find some of the food they have are better than those at
Yum Cha, even though the Xiao Long Baos tasted quite horrible. The skin was too thick. I guessed all of them had their fulls and burn a big hole in my pocket. hahah

TPY outlet

Long queues as no reservations allowed




After eating, there's an impromptu decision to the Singapore Flyer - World’s largest Observation Wheel

Coleman St waiting for shuttle bus


There's school holidays programme lined up specially for kids. Just a few booths from the Zoo and Night Safari, putting their insects and creatures up for show. We got the tickets too but reckeon it was too early and hot to go up and decide on an evening timeslot, 1900 hours



And happen to catch an over-aged kid who sneaked away to queue for this

While my family was taking a short break after a long day under the scorchy sun, I went on to explore the so called rainforest
















After exploring, I realised I got abandoned by them. While trying to contact and find out their whereabouts, I continued to roam bout on my own on the second level. heh



My favourite picture



Met up with them and headed to Marina Sqaure for a tea break before having dinner at Waraku. The food made me feel quite sick at the end of it.
tsssssk. Wrong choice of food. Was suffering great dissonance

My mother super cute hor

Headed back to the Flyer to accomplish our tasks. Although it was quite crowded by then, the crew was efficient. There's three steps to do when you're in. They checked your tickets and then you proceed to the security check first like what you do when you go overseas. Secondly, after getting out, walk along the path which led you to a studio kinda thing to take photos with another five groups (need to queue up for your turn and photos can be seen after the ride), which I thought it was superb cool, creative and savvy. Lastly, after everything, you can finally get into the capsule and off you go on the largest observation wheel =D

Another one with the moon

$210 here

Waiting anxiously for our turn to board

That's our capsule with another big family




My panoramics. heh. I think quite nicely done there, maybe except the last one? The clouds look abit funny. hahah. And there's reflections from the glass panel. Whatever you dun wish to take, it will be there






The capsule in front of us was at the top of the wheel

Our turn. 165m above ground, about 42 storeys high




- End Half an hour ride seems very fast to me as I was busy taking photos. The Flyer though offers a breathtaking, panoramic views of the Marina Bay, our island city and beyond, photos taken tend to be replicated. The only difference is at which level you're at when taking photo. And it definitely feels different when you're at the peak of the world. The couple of minutes up there was never enough
As for the wide range of shops, restaurants, activities and facilities claimed, I find it pathetic. Probably, it wasnt all that ready yet. Nevertheless, it was a nice place for photos fantics and once in a blue moon, to boost our country's economy =P

One last photo. heh. This photo was taken in the studio before we have our ride and after the ride, it was to the souvenir shop. One of this photo is 15 blings and subsequent ones will be 10 blings. Alright, that sum up my pretty interesting day. heh
Labels: Food - Chinese, Food - Japanese, Marina Square, Singapore Flyer
10:45 PM