Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I caught the preview 满城尽带黄金甲 a few hours ago with Twin and Mrs Jay. LOL. I've decided to give her the royal title as she's the most diehard fan around which I can see! hhahh

By the time I reached Bugis, I was very tired. Whole day of lesson plus the hypnotizing train ride made me get lost in Bugis. I wanted to get to Icon to look for them, I ended up at the other side facing Bugis Street. Then, when I got there and needed to find a Fishball Noodle Shop, I went the other direction. That's why it took me forever to meet up with them -_-

The rest below is adapted from Cruz as I'm very stoned now and what he has written is all what I've felt before and after the show. heh


*****************


I was prepared to fall asleep actually. The whole slew of ancient China movies or 史诗巨作 were released one after another in a mostly declining order of quality.

Just as well, cos when you expected crap- and didn’t get crap-, you’d be so thrilled to tell the whole world the show is so cool!



Mr Zhang Yimou is an accomplished story teller who told his stories through Gong Li a decade ago. They reunite this year for a project that came with a RMB$300,000,000 budget. As much as Chow Yun Fatt is capable of headlining a movie all by himself, and that Jay Chou is probably the biggest carrot dangler for the under-30s category, the formidable Gong Li and her formidable bosom take up much of the screen time.

Just those good old days… Think 秋菊打官司、菊豆, etc。。。

An engaging movie requires clashes and conflicts. Villians and Victims.

In 满城尽带黄金甲, we see

1. a man who has an unusual relationship with his step mother;

2. a man who is insanely jealous of his own brothers and does something ridiculous. And very amateur, I must add.

3. a man who is a hero and at the same time a weakling, for he cannot protect the one he loves;

4. a man so powerful I thought he would mutate into Superman the next second.

5. a woman who helps another woman because they hate the same man;

6. a woman whose objectives are pretty clear right from the start. Very admirable. Except that she should have learnt to be more discreet, whether managing her extra marital affairs, or staging a coup.

These six people are interconnected- something like Friendster in the Royal Palace kind of thing- and make up the basis of the plot.

Unless you watch this fifty times, you can’t really fault the artistic direction. The colours are captivating. The sets are impressive. The whole feel of the movie is so awesome.

I totally agree with Mr Kenneth Tan, Managing Director of Golden Village, when he said that a good movie is one that the audience enjoys. Something which transports you into a different landscape and have you immersed in the plot.

I like this movie. :)


*****************


I like this movie too but it is very violent and bloody. Wonder why is it not M18? hahahah. I was glued to the screen for the whole 113 minutes and at the end, I felt very sad for everyone except the King. He's very inhuman to a large extent. I think Jay acted quite well and he has a few expressions that made us giggle and one that made the whole threatre LOL. He's cute! hahahah. There's also one part where both characters' expressions were humorous when they found out bout their unusual relationship though it was a sad part. hahahah

Anyway, the song he sang for this movie is also nominanted for the Oscar's Awards. It can be found in his latest album 'Still Fantasy' track 10 and his recent 黄金甲 EP album. The cover is on the left. heh


I need my bed now since I din sleept well last night as Dad forbidded me to on the cooler and I couldnt get to sleep. I was just tossing myself in bed till morning and went for lessons. YAWNS! And after tomorrow's morning lecture, I'm gonna have a long long weekend, an extra one and half day to be exact before school starts again. How dreading..


11:59 PM



18th.may.1986
Love JieLun*
Lazy, Dreamy, Beach






♠ARCHIVES;


♠VISITORS;
since 27th Feb'07